Temporary Foreign Workers Program

Canada is a country of opportunities to gain valuable international experience as a foreign worker and potential transition to permanent residence status.

Under this program Canadian employers are allowed to hire foreigners to fill specific positions. The employer is required to obtain a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) prior to bringing a foreign worker to Canada.

At ImmiBay we will be happy to assist you throughout the entire process. Book your consultation now! 

International Mobility Program 

Under the International Mobility Program (IMP), employers in Canada may hire foreign workers on a temporary work permit without the need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) This option allows employers and workers alike to enjoy a faster and simpler hiring process.


This  program supports Canada’s wider cultural and economic interests and offers the following forms:

  • Youth exchange agreements, such as the International Experience Canada (IEC) program.
  • Other international agreements with specific countries, such as the USA-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) and the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement (CETA).
  • Intra-Company Transfer program allows companies with a branch, subsidiary, or affiliate in Canada to transfer workers.
  • Bridging Open Work Permit allows you keep working while you wait for the results of your permanent residence application.
  • Post-Graduated Work Permit allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian Designated Learning Institutions to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience.